- Be one of the first to run on some freshly developed trails in iconic locations
- Visit and enjoy trails on a number of different Whitsunday Islands as well as in Airlie Beach.
- Compete in the Hamilton Island Hilly Marathon
- Snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park
- Stay on Hamilton Island
- Experience the internationally acclaimed Whitehaven Beach
- Enjoy amazing cuisine in the company of your new trail running friends.
On The Run is launching its trail running tours with an adventure that is close to our hearts; the Whitsunday Tropical Trail Run Tour, May 2019. Spend six nights in tropical Queensland enjoying trails and tastes you’ve only dreamed of before testing yourself with the Hamilton Island Hilly Marathon. Your hosts will ferry you from one idyllic location to another, you’ll get the chance to ‘find nemo’ and his friends as well as challenge yourself with a variety of distance options each day.
You’ll enjoy quality accommodation and mix with fellow trail enthusiasts. You’ll run a variety of trails, mostly single track, under the direction of experienced guides amongst some of the most stunning natural scenery in the world, and still be able to return home to a soft bed, warm shower and quality dining options.
The Hamilton Island Hilly Marathon will be just part of an amazing experience, but the memories of the quad-burning hills will be washed away by the amazing vistas you’ll enjoy as part this unique race experience (note; half marathon and relay options available).
Chasing an active tropical getaway?
Then enquire now at email@example.com
Tuesday April 30th – arrive and stay in Airlie Beach
Wednesday May 1th – Run the Great Whitsunday Walk (28k) or Honeyeater Trail (approx. 10k). Travel to Hamilton Island in the late afternoon.
Thursday May 2th – Visit Long, South Molle and Whitsunday Islands and enjoy short trail runs interspersed with snorkelling, food and fun. Approx 0-20k of trail time
Friday May 3th – Visit Whitsunday Island and Haslewood Islands for more of the same jaw-dropping running experiences and fun in the sun and silica sand of Whitehaven Beach. Approx 0-20k of trail time
Saturday May 4th – Enjoy a light run at parkrun Hamilton Island and a day of recovery including a session with a guest athlete (TBA), relaxing with carb-loaded popcorn at the Trails In Motion Film Festival and then fuel the machine before tomorrows big race.
Sunday May 5th – Test your self over the full or half marathon distance in the Hamilton Island Hilly Marathon before celebrating and sharing battle stories at a Tour Dinner.
Monday May 6th – Shake off the aches with a recovery run and breakfast at the Dent Dash; a scenic run around the championship golf course on neighbouring Dent Island.
Return to Airlie Beach (or fly direct from Hamilton Island) and head home
- Six nights quality accommodation
- 1 night in Airlie Beach (hotel)
- 5 nights on Hamilton Island (holiday home)
- Your accomodation is here on Hamilton Island
- Continental breakfast daily
- Lunch Thursday and Friday
- Dent Dash ticket
- Welcome dinner (Tuesday) and Celebration dinner (Sunday)
- Ferry transfers to and from Hamilton Island courtesy of Cruise Whitsundays
- Boat transfers to various islands with experienced operators Hamilton Island Watersports
- Land transfers to and from Proserpine Airport and to all tour events (including your access to your holiday homes very own golf buggy on Hamilton Island)
- Entry to a Hamilton Island Hilly Marathon event (Marathon, Half or Relay)
- Nutrition Pack
- Tour Gift
- Relevant National and Marine Park permits and usage fees
- Tour guides
- Flexibility; daily distance options (stay at home option not recommended)
Note: The tour has public liability insurance, however personal travel insurance is mandatory (we will need to see evidence of your cover prior to the tour start).
Based on twin share
Please contact us directly for alternate options e.g. accompanying spectators/family, own room, reduced duration, etc.
Non-refundable* deposit required $950
Balance due: 45 days prior (March 17th)
* Name changes permitted - sell your spot if your circumstances change!